Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Pink Time of Year


Springtime is a lovely time of year. 
Unfortunately, its not here yet in Wisconsin. As I sit here in my office gazing out the window, it's a grey, cold gloomy Saturday afternoon.  I am contemplating making chili for dinner, as it's so cold out, and in the house, too. 

So, here is a little burst of springtime I saved from a past spring that was more welcoming then this one has been. It's my flowering crab tree in my back yard, in full bloom:  

I like to call this photograph "The Pink Time of Year"  

And here is the same photograph, with a little photoshop magic to make it softer and more ethereal: 


I don't know why, but I find this one more appealing. It looks like something from an old vintage postcard, or a soft light photo or infared photo.  

I like to experiment with my photos and find out what changes can be made to make them unique and classic quality.  I do hope mother nature isn't 'experimenting' with her timetable for weather and warm springtime blooms!   Here's hoping the warm weather and the Pink Time of Year is just around the corner!  

Happy Springtime everyone. 

Lily Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment