Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Celebrating Sunflowers!


My favorite flower is the Sunflower. I tend to photography
them regularly, and try to paint them with watercolors.

Vincent Van Gogh's favorite flower to paint was the sunflower as well, so I feel I am in good company.

Here are a few of my sunflower photos for you to enjoy. Tis the season for capturing them on film, in paint, or in digital format.



After Van Gogh, 



Polaroid transfer from 2006

driving about in the backroads, 2007

Detail of ripe sunflower at Farmer's Market


A field of Sunflowers, near Algoma WI. 


If you are an artist, I'm sure you have a favorite flower that tempts your muse. If not, just enjoy the beauty of the season as Sunflowers are everywhere this time of year in the Midwest USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment